Thursday, December 10, 2009

Resilience

well, this is a difficult disposition for me to discuss. I, for example know that I would be one of those teachers who doesn't stay in the profession long- this, along with passion, is why I will not be continuing with education. I do think, however, that resilience is an important issue. For the book presentations, we heard author after author and group after group talk about how the current system is flawed. There still does not seem to be a change happening in this important area. I think that if we want to increase this disposition in teachers, then we should make teaching a profession with less stress that understands the ways in which a teacher struggles in their first year and accommodates to them. However, with some parents being so easy to offend about anything and everything, I do not see this changing anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment